I’m an Art Director for a house of remodeling brands.
- I’ve worked for a remodeling company for six years.
- I lead a team of two fantastic graphic designers.
- I oversee the positioning and messaging of five brands.
- I end up working on a lot of different stuff.
Skills and Experience
- 12 years of experience in graphic design.
- Associate degree in graphic design from Bradley Academy (later Art Institute of York, Pennsylvania).
- Well-versed in Adobe software, ad layout, multi-page layout, photo editing, and basic flash animation.
- Designed and developed over 30 websites.
- Well-versed in the WordPress CMS platform.
- Experience with e-commerce platforms like Shopify.
I see myself as a student of all things creative, so naturally I’ve delved into photography and videography within the last few years.
Video is such a visceral way to tell a brand’s story, and I’ve fallen in love with how it relates to an overall brand strategy.
Photography is important for anyone learning video production, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can about it!
I've also studied hand lettering in the last few years.
I consider hand lettering a tool that can enhance a brand when used appropriately. I think it's necessary for any designer to study the letterforms of different typographic styles in order to understand how type should be used, and why different typefaces work for different purposes.
I’ve succeeded because I’m a great listener.
I believe both great leaders and great designers have a knack for listening to others. In fact, listening is an important quality for just about everyone.
I couldn’t lead the way I do without a constant open ear and keen intuition. Managing is only half the responsibility of a leader, in my opinion. The other crucial half is being selfless enough to allow the voice of your team to be heard.
I’m a good listener by nature, so it seems natural to me that a good brand should have that same skill. I base all of my design decisions on every piece of data and every insight I can get my hands on from the consumer. Otherwise, I’d just be designing for myself.